Friday, June 26, 2009

Wired Magazine: The Saga

I'm a big fan of Wired Magazine. Despite its self-assured arrogance and atheistic tendencies, the writing is great and always interesting, so I was a regular reader in the States. So around January, I decided that I wanted to resubscribe. My father in law was kind enough to order a gift subscription. (Thanks Dad!) And then the saga began:

to rspolter
date Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 8:02 AM
subject Enjoy your Wired magazine gift subscription!
You have just been given a gift subscription to WIRED magazine! Visit the following link to get details... Gift link

from Reuven Spolter
to "Rosen, Philip"
date Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 5:50 PM
Dear Dad,
Hope all is well, and that your Pesach prep goes well. I'm writing for two reasons:
1. I'm writing to see if you actually ordered the Wired Magazine - I'm pretty sure that you did, but I have yet to receive anything from them. Is there any way to contact them and see what the deal is?

from Philip W. Rosen
to Reuven Spolter
date Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 7:01 AM
Dear Ruby,
I ordered Wired magazine and got the attached confirming e-mail on 1/13/09. Our credit card was charged on 1/20/09. Checkout your mailing address on the attached confirmation e-mail. I suspect the magazine is floating around somewhere in Yad Binyamin. Please let me know what you find out. Thanks!

from Philip W. Rosen
to wircustserv@cdsfulfillment.com
date Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 7:14 AM
subject Gift subscription not received
Hi! In January, I ordered an international gift subscription of Wired magazine for my son-in-law. On January 20, 2009, my Visa card was charged $70. To date, my son-in-law has not yet received any copies of the magazine.

From: Wired [mailto:wircustserv@cdsfulfillment.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 2:32 PM
Dear Philip W Rosen:
We are extending your gift subscription to compensate for the March 2009 issue missed. Please allow six to eight weeks for this change to appear on your address label.
We are working with a different distributor for our International subscribers. Please allow time for this change to take effect.
Your patience is greatly appreciated.

from Reuven Spolter
to wircustserv@cdsfulfillment.com
date Fri, May 1, 2009 at 9:25 AM
Hello,
As you can see from the email trail below, my father-in-law ordered a
subscription for me in January of this year, and followed up about a
month ago. I have yet to receive any issues of wired at all. Is there
a way that we can resolve this issue, and get me some issues of Wired?

from Wired
to Reuven Spolter
date Fri, May 1, 2009 at 6:59 PM
Dear Reuven Spolter:
Our records show your postal address was not completely accurate in our
records. Please accept our apologies for this mistake.
The address on your subscription has been corrected and we are extending
your subscription. Please allow six to eight weeks for this change to
appear on your address label.

from Wired
to Reuven Spolter
date Mon, May 4, 2009 at 2:58 PM
Dear Mr. Spolter:
The address on your subscription has been corrected and we are extending your subscription. Please allow six to eight weeks for this change to appear on your address label.
Your subscription will now start with the July 2009 issue and will continue through the June 2010 issue.

So, after waiting literally six months to try and get a copy of Wired Magazine, Rena traveled last week to the States to see her grandparents. Thank God, they're doing well, and it was a good trip. She came back on Wednesday evening bearing gifts, among which she brought a copy of the July issue of Wired Magazine (as per my request). Wonderful.
And then the very next day, I got to check my mail, and sitting in the mailbox is...you guessed it - the July issue of Wired Magazine. So after six months of no copies, now I've got two.
Anyone living in Yad Binyamin want a copy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments transform a blog into a community. Please join.