Friday, October 5, 2012

Some YouTube Videos I Feel Like Sharing

Davening over the Yamim Noraim were particularly meaningful for me, for one simple reason: I was blessed to daven between my sons (who are now both Bar Mitzvah). I cherish the quiet moments that we have together under my tallit during Bircat Kohanim. Somehow, we just share in a sense of blessing during the silence of the blessings in a close and intimate way that's not easily replicable any other time that I can think of. Of the many, many blessings inherent in living in Israel, daily birkat Kohanim (and sharing the ritual with my sons each Shabbat when they're with me) is one of the "smaller" perks that I really appreciate.
Also, the davening itself was quite powerful, with a lot of wonderful singing. This year, the rav who davens mussaf sent around a YouTube link to a wonderful niggun that appears during the repetition of the davening on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. I've been humming it ever since, and now so has the family. I share it with you for your enjoyment and spirituality.


On a much, much lighter note, I've written before about Underdos, the group of young people who publish a short funny clip each week about some aspect of religious life. While the Hebrew is often way too fast for many to follow, they recently put out two videos that have no speaking at all, both of which I found not only quite funny, but very clever takes on different genres of video. Watch and enjoy! And Mo'adim L'simcha!
 

Here's the second one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments transform a blog into a community. Please join.