Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cold Plums and a Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Before many Shabbatot, I grill a few chicken breasts which we then slice to make sandwiches on Shabbat (usually morning).  It is very delicious. So delicious in fact, that my son decided that he would use a good portion of the leftovers to make himself a huge sandwich which he would bring with him to school. He carefully assembled said grilled chicken sandwich on Saturday night, adding pickles, ketchup, etc.

On Sunday afternoon, I received the following text: "Forgot my sandwich. :-("

I felt bad. Truly I did. I even contacted a teacher who lives in Yad Binyamin, in an attempt to send him the sandwich, to no avail.

So on Monday, I sent him the following text: "I had a great sandwich today. I actually tried to send it to you but couldn't find a way to get it to you. So thanks. It was yummy."

To this he responded: "I found plums in the fridge. They were so good. And juicy..."

He is clever. And it was a really good sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments transform a blog into a community. Please join.